Non-bailable warrant against man for neglecting parents
Jaipur: Ajmer district administration have issued a non-bailable warrant against a man for neglecting parents and not paying monthly maintenance allowance of Rs 2,500 as directed by it.
Ajmer District Collector issued the warrant yesterday against Pukhraj Soni. The district administration, acting on a complaint of Bhanwar Lal, father of Soni, had directed Soni to give Rs 2,500 monthly to his parents for maintenance under the maintenance and welfare of parents and senior citizen act.
"The 70-year-old man told District Collector Vaibhav Galaria yesterday that his son was not giving any allowance despite the government order, following which the collector issued non-bailable warrant under the act against his son and directed SDO Kishangarh to execute the warrant," according to a spokesperson.
The collector directed the official to ensure that Soni agrees to give the maintenance allowance to his parents else appropriate action against him should be taken.
The act was introduced by Rajasthan government in 2010 under which the guilty is ordered to make a monthly allowance as maintenance for their parents.
The accused may face up to three months in jail on not providing the maintenance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind