Northerly cold winds keep people shivering in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Northerly cold winds today kept people shivering in Rajasthan with mercury in Mount Abu settling at a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius.
Though the night temperature rose by one to four degrees Celsius at all most all places in the state, the mercury during day keep fluctuating due to the cold northerly winds, a Met department official said.
While hill station Mount Abu recorded the lowest temperature of 5.2 degree Celsius the previous night, the mercury in Jaisalmer settled at 7.6 degrees Celsius followed by Ganganagar 8.4 degrees Celcius and Churu 9.6 degrees Celsius.
Elsewhere, the temperatures remained above ten degrees Celsius. Light rainfall was also reported from Jaipur, Pilani, Bikaner and Churu last night, the official said.
The MeT department has predicted cloudy weather in next 24 hours in parts of Northern region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'