Northerly cold winds keep people shivering in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Northerly cold winds today kept people shivering in Rajasthan with mercury in Mount Abu settling at a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius.
Though the night temperature rose by one to four degrees Celsius at all most all places in the state, the mercury during day keep fluctuating due to the cold northerly winds, a Met department official said.
While hill station Mount Abu recorded the lowest temperature of 5.2 degree Celsius the previous night, the mercury in Jaisalmer settled at 7.6 degrees Celsius followed by Ganganagar 8.4 degrees Celcius and Churu 9.6 degrees Celsius.
Elsewhere, the temperatures remained above ten degrees Celsius. Light rainfall was also reported from Jaipur, Pilani, Bikaner and Churu last night, the official said.
The MeT department has predicted cloudy weather in next 24 hours in parts of Northern region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD