Northerly cold winds keep people shivering in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Northerly cold winds today kept people shivering in Rajasthan with mercury in Mount Abu settling at a low of 5.2 degrees Celsius.
Though the night temperature rose by one to four degrees Celsius at all most all places in the state, the mercury during day keep fluctuating due to the cold northerly winds, a Met department official said.
While hill station Mount Abu recorded the lowest temperature of 5.2 degree Celsius the previous night, the mercury in Jaisalmer settled at 7.6 degrees Celsius followed by Ganganagar 8.4 degrees Celcius and Churu 9.6 degrees Celsius.
Elsewhere, the temperatures remained above ten degrees Celsius. Light rainfall was also reported from Jaipur, Pilani, Bikaner and Churu last night, the official said.
The MeT department has predicted cloudy weather in next 24 hours in parts of Northern region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH