Not wanting to marry, girl climbs mobile tower
Bikaner: A 22-year old girl climbed up a
mobile tower in Ranisar Bas area here and threatened to jump
down if her parents did not withdraw their decision of her
marriage, police said Thursday.
Usha Bala climbed up a 60-feet high mobile tower
nearby her house yesterday in protest and threatened to jump
down if her family does not withdraw the decision, they said.
Bala was not keen for marriage and wanted to become a
member of Prajapita Brahmkumari Ashram at Mount Abu but her
parents were against the idea and got her engaged about three
months back, police said.
Her family members and police officials rushed to the
spot and tried to convince her to come down but she remained
adamant for about an hour.
She came down only after her grandfather assured her
that nobody will force her into marriage, they said.
Bala was taken into police custody but was later
released on bail, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test