Not wanting to marry, girl climbs mobile tower
Bikaner: A 22-year old girl climbed up a
mobile tower in Ranisar Bas area here and threatened to jump
down if her parents did not withdraw their decision of her
marriage, police said Thursday.
Usha Bala climbed up a 60-feet high mobile tower
nearby her house yesterday in protest and threatened to jump
down if her family does not withdraw the decision, they said.
Bala was not keen for marriage and wanted to become a
member of Prajapita Brahmkumari Ashram at Mount Abu but her
parents were against the idea and got her engaged about three
months back, police said.
Her family members and police officials rushed to the
spot and tried to convince her to come down but she remained
adamant for about an hour.
She came down only after her grandfather assured her
that nobody will force her into marriage, they said.
Bala was taken into police custody but was later
released on bail, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj