Not wanting to marry, girl climbs mobile tower
Bikaner: A 22-year old girl climbed up a
mobile tower in Ranisar Bas area here and threatened to jump
down if her parents did not withdraw their decision of her
marriage, police said Thursday.
Usha Bala climbed up a 60-feet high mobile tower
nearby her house yesterday in protest and threatened to jump
down if her family does not withdraw the decision, they said.
Bala was not keen for marriage and wanted to become a
member of Prajapita Brahmkumari Ashram at Mount Abu but her
parents were against the idea and got her engaged about three
months back, police said.
Her family members and police officials rushed to the
spot and tried to convince her to come down but she remained
adamant for about an hour.
She came down only after her grandfather assured her
that nobody will force her into marriage, they said.
Bala was taken into police custody but was later
released on bail, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation