Notorious poacher Sansar Chand dead
Jaipur: Notorious poacher Sansar Chand, who was accused of killing tigers and other animals in Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, died here Tuesday.
The wildlife smuggler was suffering from lung cancer and other ailments and was admitted to the SMS Hospital here on March 14, hospital sources said.
Sansar Chand, who was around 60, was facing trial in cases related to wildlife and was brought to Alwar from Tihar jail hospital for a hearing in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate on March 14.
After hearing in the case of a tiger`s killing in 2005, he was admitted to Alwar district hospital from there was referred to SMS on the same day.
The next hearing in the case was scheduled today, his counsel Ashok Sharma said.
Sansar Chand, his associates and relatives were considered responsible for the killing of all tigers in Sariska. He was also accused of smuggling body parts of the wild animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened