Notorious poacher Sansar Chand dead
Jaipur: Notorious poacher Sansar Chand, who was accused of killing tigers and other animals in Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, died here Tuesday.
The wildlife smuggler was suffering from lung cancer and other ailments and was admitted to the SMS Hospital here on March 14, hospital sources said.
Sansar Chand, who was around 60, was facing trial in cases related to wildlife and was brought to Alwar from Tihar jail hospital for a hearing in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate on March 14.
After hearing in the case of a tiger`s killing in 2005, he was admitted to Alwar district hospital from there was referred to SMS on the same day.
The next hearing in the case was scheduled today, his counsel Ashok Sharma said.
Sansar Chand, his associates and relatives were considered responsible for the killing of all tigers in Sariska. He was also accused of smuggling body parts of the wild animals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!