Notorious poacher Sansar Chand dead
Jaipur: Notorious poacher Sansar Chand, who was accused of killing tigers and other animals in Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, died here Tuesday.
The wildlife smuggler was suffering from lung cancer and other ailments and was admitted to the SMS Hospital here on March 14, hospital sources said.
Sansar Chand, who was around 60, was facing trial in cases related to wildlife and was brought to Alwar from Tihar jail hospital for a hearing in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate on March 14.
After hearing in the case of a tiger`s killing in 2005, he was admitted to Alwar district hospital from there was referred to SMS on the same day.
The next hearing in the case was scheduled today, his counsel Ashok Sharma said.
Sansar Chand, his associates and relatives were considered responsible for the killing of all tigers in Sariska. He was also accused of smuggling body parts of the wild animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?