Now Margaret Alva to release autobiography
Jaipur: Outgoing Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva is planning to release her autobiography in next few months detailing her journey "from a middle class family to Raj Bhawan" and the Congress veteran insists that she is "not writing the book to create a controversy".
72-year-old Alva, who completed her tenure as Rajasthan Governor today, says the book will be about how she got into public life at a time when women were not welcomed in politics and her experience in the last 45 years in the country and at the international level.
However, she says that the book will not be a controversy creator and is not for hitting headlines.
"I am not writing the book to create a controversy or to make it a bestseller. I hope to finish in next 4-5 months," she told reporters at Raj Bhawan here, days after the release of another Congress veteran Natwar Singh`s autobiography `One Life is Not Enough` created a political storm.
Alva said she has not thought about returning to active politics and her "election phase" was over.
"There is no dearth of causes and issues. I will do what is given to me. I have not thought about returning to active politics but I can say that my election phase is over," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days