Now Margaret Alva to release autobiography
Jaipur: Outgoing Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva is planning to release her autobiography in next few months detailing her journey "from a middle class family to Raj Bhawan" and the Congress veteran insists that she is "not writing the book to create a controversy".
72-year-old Alva, who completed her tenure as Rajasthan Governor today, says the book will be about how she got into public life at a time when women were not welcomed in politics and her experience in the last 45 years in the country and at the international level.
However, she says that the book will not be a controversy creator and is not for hitting headlines.
"I am not writing the book to create a controversy or to make it a bestseller. I hope to finish in next 4-5 months," she told reporters at Raj Bhawan here, days after the release of another Congress veteran Natwar Singh`s autobiography `One Life is Not Enough` created a political storm.
Alva said she has not thought about returning to active politics and her "election phase" was over.
"There is no dearth of causes and issues. I will do what is given to me. I have not thought about returning to active politics but I can say that my election phase is over," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth