Nurses allege college forcing them in flesh trade; management denies
Ujjain: In a shocking case, 14 trainee nurses at a private medical college here have charged management officials with trying to force them into flesh trade, police said on Wednesday.
The matter was reported to police two days back by the nurses, undergoing internship at the RD Gardi Medical College, who alleged that the chief medical officer and hospital superintendent asked them to get into sex trade to make money and also tried to exploit them sexually, police said.
A case was registered against the officials at Chimanganj police station here on Monday.
The complainants also alleged that they reported the matter to their matron, who also advised them to remain mum on the issue.
Acting on the complaint, police yesterday arrested the matron, who was later released by a court on bail.
The other two officials against whom the complaint was filed managed to escape before police could apprehend them.
However, denying the allegation, the college management claimed that since the trainee nurses did not want to do night shifts therefore they filed a "false complaint" against the institution.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Women`s Commission member Snehlata Upadhyaya reached the college yesterday to probe the matter.
She also met college Dean Dr JK Sharma, medical superintendent Shailendra Sharma, additional Dean Dr A K Singh and nursing college in-charge Lata Sethi on the issue.
The four said that since the trainee nurses, who belong to a nursing college in Jaora town in the district, don`t want to do night shifts, they have levelled baseless allegations against the college.
Upadhyaya has also sought a report from Ujjain`s superintendent of police on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'