Nurses demand removal of Rajasthan education minister
Bhilwara: Members of Rajasthan Nurses Association on Wednesday burnt an effigy of a state minister here protesting his alleged remarks against para-medical staff at a public function despite his apology for the same.
The protesters demanded the removal of education minister Master Bhanwar Lal for the remark which he made during a panchayat function in Nagaur on October 31.
The minister had allegedly encouraged village-heads for
getting funds and power in five departments including medical
and health, saying, "Ab nurse bai ki choti aap hi ke haath
mein hai... nurse bhaya ki bhi agar voh kam nahi karti/karte
..to mod dena (Now the ponytail of nurses is in your hands
...male nurse`s too...if they do not work, twist them)".
The remarks sparked protest all over the state. However,
the protests were dropped when Sharma tendered an apology,
saying, "I did not comment what was reported in newspapers but I feel sorry if anybody is hurt."
But nurses here once again held a protest demanding the
minister`s removal and submitted a memorandum to the district administration addressed to the state government, a member of the Nurses Association said.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on