Nurses demand removal of Rajasthan education minister
Bhilwara: Members of Rajasthan Nurses Association on Wednesday burnt an effigy of a state minister here protesting his alleged remarks against para-medical staff at a public function despite his apology for the same.
The protesters demanded the removal of education minister Master Bhanwar Lal for the remark which he made during a panchayat function in Nagaur on October 31.
The minister had allegedly encouraged village-heads for
getting funds and power in five departments including medical
and health, saying, "Ab nurse bai ki choti aap hi ke haath
mein hai... nurse bhaya ki bhi agar voh kam nahi karti/karte
..to mod dena (Now the ponytail of nurses is in your hands
...male nurse`s too...if they do not work, twist them)".
The remarks sparked protest all over the state. However,
the protests were dropped when Sharma tendered an apology,
saying, "I did not comment what was reported in newspapers but I feel sorry if anybody is hurt."
But nurses here once again held a protest demanding the
minister`s removal and submitted a memorandum to the district administration addressed to the state government, a member of the Nurses Association said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter