On day 2, boy yet to be pulled out of borewell near Jaipur
Jaipur: Rescue operations continued for
the second day on Tuesday to bring out a four-year-old boy, who had
fallen into a 150 feet deep borewell in Jagatpura village near
here, as CCTV cameras showed the child lying unconscious.
Sahil fell into the borewell near his house yesterday
while was playing with his elder sister in the village, which
is nearly 60 kms from here.
CCTV cameras lowered in the borewell showed that the
boy was lying unconscious, official sources said.
A L Agarwal, a child specialist present on the site,
said over phone that the boy was showing no movement and
was lying unconscious in the borewell.
"We have no option but to wait as the boy is
unconscious, and the crucial period of first 24 hours has
passed," Agrawal said.
However, oxygen is being supply continuously, he said.
A 60-feet parallel pit has been dug with the help of
earth moving machines to facilitate the rescue of the child
and rescue workers were trying to reach the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured