On day 2, boy yet to be pulled out of borewell near Jaipur
Jaipur: Rescue operations continued for
the second day on Tuesday to bring out a four-year-old boy, who had
fallen into a 150 feet deep borewell in Jagatpura village near
here, as CCTV cameras showed the child lying unconscious.
Sahil fell into the borewell near his house yesterday
while was playing with his elder sister in the village, which
is nearly 60 kms from here.
CCTV cameras lowered in the borewell showed that the
boy was lying unconscious, official sources said.
A L Agarwal, a child specialist present on the site,
said over phone that the boy was showing no movement and
was lying unconscious in the borewell.
"We have no option but to wait as the boy is
unconscious, and the crucial period of first 24 hours has
passed," Agrawal said.
However, oxygen is being supply continuously, he said.
A 60-feet parallel pit has been dug with the help of
earth moving machines to facilitate the rescue of the child
and rescue workers were trying to reach the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert