On day 2, boy yet to be pulled out of borewell near Jaipur
Jaipur: Rescue operations continued for
the second day on Tuesday to bring out a four-year-old boy, who had
fallen into a 150 feet deep borewell in Jagatpura village near
here, as CCTV cameras showed the child lying unconscious.
Sahil fell into the borewell near his house yesterday
while was playing with his elder sister in the village, which
is nearly 60 kms from here.
CCTV cameras lowered in the borewell showed that the
boy was lying unconscious, official sources said.
A L Agarwal, a child specialist present on the site,
said over phone that the boy was showing no movement and
was lying unconscious in the borewell.
"We have no option but to wait as the boy is
unconscious, and the crucial period of first 24 hours has
passed," Agrawal said.
However, oxygen is being supply continuously, he said.
A 60-feet parallel pit has been dug with the help of
earth moving machines to facilitate the rescue of the child
and rescue workers were trying to reach the boy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’