One more dies in Etah building collapse; toll 5
Awagarh (UP): An 18-year-old boy today succumbed to his injuries raising the death toll in the building collapse here to five.
Angry over the "indifference" of authorities, locals blocked roads and disrupted traffic for over three hours in the city. They were demanding compensation for the kin of the victims.
Bittu died at a local hospital in Agra taking the toll to five in the incident.
On January 21, three persons, including two women, were killed while six others injured in a cylinder blast in Awagarh town of Etah.
Later, one more persons died in a local hospital.
The blast had occurred at the house of retired teacher Bishandev Sharma, police said.
Lok Sabha MP from Agra, Ramshankar Katheria, also joined the protesters today and demanded compensation for the families of all the deceased.
District Magistrate Lokesh M rushed to the spot and promised immediate compensation for the families` of the deceased.
"Rs 20,000 will be provided to the family members of each deceased," Lokesh M said.
Later, the situation was brought under control, Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3