One more dies in Etah building collapse; toll 5
Awagarh (UP): An 18-year-old boy today succumbed to his injuries raising the death toll in the building collapse here to five.
Angry over the "indifference" of authorities, locals blocked roads and disrupted traffic for over three hours in the city. They were demanding compensation for the kin of the victims.
Bittu died at a local hospital in Agra taking the toll to five in the incident.
On January 21, three persons, including two women, were killed while six others injured in a cylinder blast in Awagarh town of Etah.
Later, one more persons died in a local hospital.
The blast had occurred at the house of retired teacher Bishandev Sharma, police said.
Lok Sabha MP from Agra, Ramshankar Katheria, also joined the protesters today and demanded compensation for the families of all the deceased.
District Magistrate Lokesh M rushed to the spot and promised immediate compensation for the families` of the deceased.
"Rs 20,000 will be provided to the family members of each deceased," Lokesh M said.
Later, the situation was brought under control, Senior Superintendent of Police Ajay Mohan Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?