One more held for helping Bhanwari case accused escape
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police on Wednesday arrested one more person in connection with the June 14 shoot-out at the court premises here, which facilitated the escape of an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
"Raju Ram from Palli village of Lohawat tehsil was arrested this morning in connection with the escape of Kailash Jakhar," DCP (East) Rahul Prakash told reporters here.
With this, the total number of arrests in connection with Jakhar`s escape has gone up to 11.
Jakhar escaped from police custody from Jodhpur court premises, where he was taken for trial in some other case, when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Police has identified close to 30 persons in connection with the incident on the basis of the interrogation of those who have already been arrested, Prakash said, adding further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan