One more held for helping Bhanwari case accused escape
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police on Wednesday arrested one more person in connection with the June 14 shoot-out at the court premises here, which facilitated the escape of an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
"Raju Ram from Palli village of Lohawat tehsil was arrested this morning in connection with the escape of Kailash Jakhar," DCP (East) Rahul Prakash told reporters here.
With this, the total number of arrests in connection with Jakhar`s escape has gone up to 11.
Jakhar escaped from police custody from Jodhpur court premises, where he was taken for trial in some other case, when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Police has identified close to 30 persons in connection with the incident on the basis of the interrogation of those who have already been arrested, Prakash said, adding further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what