One more held for helping Bhanwari case accused escape
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police on Wednesday arrested one more person in connection with the June 14 shoot-out at the court premises here, which facilitated the escape of an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
"Raju Ram from Palli village of Lohawat tehsil was arrested this morning in connection with the escape of Kailash Jakhar," DCP (East) Rahul Prakash told reporters here.
With this, the total number of arrests in connection with Jakhar`s escape has gone up to 11.
Jakhar escaped from police custody from Jodhpur court premises, where he was taken for trial in some other case, when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Police has identified close to 30 persons in connection with the incident on the basis of the interrogation of those who have already been arrested, Prakash said, adding further probe is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption