One more held for helping Bhanwari case accused escape
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police on Friday arrested one more person in connection with the June 14 shoot-out at the court premises here, which facilitated the escape of an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
"Raju Ram from Palli village of Lohawat tehsil was arrested this morning in connection with the escape of Kailash Jakhar," DCP (East) Rahul Prakash told reporters here.
With this, the total number of arrests in connection with Jakhar`s escape has gone up to 11.
Jakhar escaped from police custody from Jodhpur court premises, where he was taken for trial in some other case, when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Police has identified close to 30 persons in connection with the incident on the basis of the interrogation of those who have already been arrested, Prakash said, adding further probe is on.
Meanwhile, the Rajasthan High Court rejected the bail
plea of accused Dinesh Bishnoi, who had moved his application in the high court after the lower court rejected the same.
This was the fifth bail application, which has been rejected by different courts in the case.
36-year-old auxiliary nurse Bhanwari Devi was abducted and murdered last year.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16, including Congress MLAs Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira Bishnoi is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena