One more held for helping Bhanwari case accused escape
Jodhpur: Jodhpur police on Friday arrested one more person in connection with the June 14 shoot-out at the court premises here, which facilitated the escape of an accused in the Bhanwari Devi murder case.
"Raju Ram from Palli village of Lohawat tehsil was arrested this morning in connection with the escape of Kailash Jakhar," DCP (East) Rahul Prakash told reporters here.
With this, the total number of arrests in connection with Jakhar`s escape has gone up to 11.
Jakhar escaped from police custody from Jodhpur court premises, where he was taken for trial in some other case, when his accomplices opened fire to create panic.
Police has identified close to 30 persons in connection with the incident on the basis of the interrogation of those who have already been arrested, Prakash said, adding further probe is on.
Meanwhile, the Rajasthan High Court rejected the bail
plea of accused Dinesh Bishnoi, who had moved his application in the high court after the lower court rejected the same.
This was the fifth bail application, which has been rejected by different courts in the case.
36-year-old auxiliary nurse Bhanwari Devi was abducted and murdered last year.
Out of the total 17 accused in the case, 16, including Congress MLAs Maderna and Malkhan Bishnoi, are under judicial custody while Indira Bishnoi is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH