One more surrenders in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: One more proclaimed offender has surrendered in the sensational Bhanwari Devi case, even as the family of the missing nurse on Friday demanded more security.
After Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi surrendered before the CBI on Wednesday, another wanted in the case, Reshma Ram Bishnoi, surrendered before the CBI yesterday.
Reshma Ram was arrested and produced in the CBI court today, which remanded him in CBI custody till 30 January.
The CBI is hoping that that the development will lead to surrender of another wanted Indra Bishnoi, sister of arrested MLA Malkahan Singh, who also has been absconding for the past
"His arrest is meant to build pressure on Indra Bishnoi to force her to surrender as he is a her close friend and neighbour and is believed to be aware of her whereabouts,"
counsel of CBI, SS Yadav, said.
With this, three out of four absconders have surrendered before the CBI this week.
The agency is hopeful that it will be able to file the final charge sheet in the case early next month.
"The CBI is now in a position to file its final charge sheet in the court and with the surrender of Indra, CBI will finalise the charge-sheet which is likely to be filed in first
week of February," a source said.
Meanwhile, Sahil, son of Bhanwari Devi, said he was dissatisfied with the security provided to him by the police.
He had written a letter to the police some time back seeking to depute 2 policemen at his house.
"They had provided 2 policemen of which one used to be at home and another used to move with me. But now there is only one and he too is very irregular," Sahil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown