One more surrenders in Bhanwari Devi case
Jodhpur: One more proclaimed offender has surrendered in the sensational Bhanwari Devi case, even as the family of the missing nurse on Friday demanded more security.
After Pukh Raj Bishnoi and Dinesh Bishnoi surrendered before the CBI on Wednesday, another wanted in the case, Reshma Ram Bishnoi, surrendered before the CBI yesterday.
Reshma Ram was arrested and produced in the CBI court today, which remanded him in CBI custody till 30 January.
The CBI is hoping that that the development will lead to surrender of another wanted Indra Bishnoi, sister of arrested MLA Malkahan Singh, who also has been absconding for the past
"His arrest is meant to build pressure on Indra Bishnoi to force her to surrender as he is a her close friend and neighbour and is believed to be aware of her whereabouts,"
counsel of CBI, SS Yadav, said.
With this, three out of four absconders have surrendered before the CBI this week.
The agency is hopeful that it will be able to file the final charge sheet in the case early next month.
"The CBI is now in a position to file its final charge sheet in the court and with the surrender of Indra, CBI will finalise the charge-sheet which is likely to be filed in first
week of February," a source said.
Meanwhile, Sahil, son of Bhanwari Devi, said he was dissatisfied with the security provided to him by the police.
He had written a letter to the police some time back seeking to depute 2 policemen at his house.
"They had provided 2 policemen of which one used to be at home and another used to move with me. But now there is only one and he too is very irregular," Sahil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof