Opposition BJP misleading people: Rajasthan CM
Jaipur: Opposition BJP was trying to mislead the people of the state as it was left with no credible issues owing to the Congress government`s focus on governance, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has alleged.
Gehlot said that although the schemes and programmes launched recently were actually in keeping with budget announcements, BJP, in order to woo voters, was telling people they were launched before elections.
"Successful implementation of these schemes has upset BJP, so their leaders are misleading people," Gehlot said today.
He was speaking at a public meeting during his `Congress Sandesh Yatra` in Chittorgarh`s Sandawas town.
"BJP is trying to provoke people with local issues which (affect) more or less every government," Gehlot averred.
State Congress president Dr Chandrabhan and other senior party leaders were present at the meeting which was held as part of the said Yatra`s 10th phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch