Opposition BJP misleading people: Rajasthan CM
Jaipur: Opposition BJP was trying to mislead the people of the state as it was left with no credible issues owing to the Congress government`s focus on governance, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has alleged.
Gehlot said that although the schemes and programmes launched recently were actually in keeping with budget announcements, BJP, in order to woo voters, was telling people they were launched before elections.
"Successful implementation of these schemes has upset BJP, so their leaders are misleading people," Gehlot said today.
He was speaking at a public meeting during his `Congress Sandesh Yatra` in Chittorgarh`s Sandawas town.
"BJP is trying to provoke people with local issues which (affect) more or less every government," Gehlot averred.
State Congress president Dr Chandrabhan and other senior party leaders were present at the meeting which was held as part of the said Yatra`s 10th phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam