Opposition BJP stages walkout over irregularity by IAS in MGNREGA
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Monday created an uproar over alleged irregularities by IAS officers in execution of MGNREGA and staged a walkout from the House demanding action against them.
In reply to a question by BJP MLA Prabhu Lal Saini, Rural Development Minister Mahendrajit Singh Malvia informed the House that 695 matters of irregularities in MGNREGA were reported from 2009 to 2012 in which 559 FIRs were lodged.
He said that investigation against 349 government officers/employees was under consideration in connection with these cases.
Saini raised the issue of corruption in MGNREGA by the then collectors of five district of Dausa, Karauli, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh and Jhalawar.
In reply, Malvia said that the government had appointed a committee to examine the matter (of involvement of IAS officers in alleged irregularities).
He informed that officers have been issued warnings which invited sharp reaction by the opposition members who alleged that the officers were being protected by the government.
The opposition members stormed to the well demanding termination of the officers and later staged a walk out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye