Opposition BJP stages walkout over irregularity by IAS in MGNREGA
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Monday created an uproar over alleged irregularities by IAS officers in execution of MGNREGA and staged a walkout from the House demanding action against them.
In reply to a question by BJP MLA Prabhu Lal Saini, Rural Development Minister Mahendrajit Singh Malvia informed the House that 695 matters of irregularities in MGNREGA were reported from 2009 to 2012 in which 559 FIRs were lodged.
He said that investigation against 349 government officers/employees was under consideration in connection with these cases.
Saini raised the issue of corruption in MGNREGA by the then collectors of five district of Dausa, Karauli, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh and Jhalawar.
In reply, Malvia said that the government had appointed a committee to examine the matter (of involvement of IAS officers in alleged irregularities).
He informed that officers have been issued warnings which invited sharp reaction by the opposition members who alleged that the officers were being protected by the government.
The opposition members stormed to the well demanding termination of the officers and later staged a walk out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says