Opposition BJP stages walkout over irregularity by IAS in MGNREGA
Jaipur: Opposition BJP on Monday created an uproar over alleged irregularities by IAS officers in execution of MGNREGA and staged a walkout from the House demanding action against them.
In reply to a question by BJP MLA Prabhu Lal Saini, Rural Development Minister Mahendrajit Singh Malvia informed the House that 695 matters of irregularities in MGNREGA were reported from 2009 to 2012 in which 559 FIRs were lodged.
He said that investigation against 349 government officers/employees was under consideration in connection with these cases.
Saini raised the issue of corruption in MGNREGA by the then collectors of five district of Dausa, Karauli, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh and Jhalawar.
In reply, Malvia said that the government had appointed a committee to examine the matter (of involvement of IAS officers in alleged irregularities).
He informed that officers have been issued warnings which invited sharp reaction by the opposition members who alleged that the officers were being protected by the government.
The opposition members stormed to the well demanding termination of the officers and later staged a walk out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested