Over 100 incidents of murder in Pink City last year
Jaipur: Over 100 incidents of murder and
6,000 thefts took place in the Pink City last year, police
said on Tuesday.
Jaipur (both rural and urban) recorded 128 cases of
murder, 10 dacoities, 270 cases of loot, 314 cases of
abduction of which 180 were false, 118 rape cases and 6,530
thefts last year, Inspector-General of Police (Range I) B L
Soni told a press conference quoting his range`s annual
He said 25,840 FIRs were registered last year under
different sections of the IPC.
Soni claimed the high rate of crime was due to better
FIR registration in all police stations, but added that the
rate of disposal of cases and challans in court were equally
The official claimed that in other states like Madhya
Pradesh the registration of FIRs was not as easy as in
He also attributed road-rail-air connectivity with
neighbouring states like Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh,
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh, as one of the factors contributing
to the high incidence of crime.
On traffic mishaps, the official said 415 people were
killed and 1,840 injured in 2007 road accidents in Jaipur
range alone last year.
The number of vehicles on the roads have increased by
11.35 per cent in just one year but casualties declined
marginally, he said, adding that in 2008, 452 people died in
There is emphasis on community policing to check
vehicle thefts and chain snatching, Soni said.
Quoting National Crime Records Bureau figures of 2006,
he said incidences of total cognizable crimes under IPC were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days