Over 100 take ill after consuming Prasad in Udaipur
Jaipur: In a case of food poisoning, over
100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur
district, an official said on Sunday.
"Tribals from Faleja Kalan and Dabok area distributed
Churma (made of coarsely ground wheat, oil and sugar) as
`Prasad` at a Devi temple yesterday. Soon after consuming it,
people complained of abdomen pain and vomiting," Chief Medical
and Health Officer Dr B L Mishra told a news agency on phone.
"Twenty six people, including a few kids and women,
were hospitalised and rest were treated on the spot," he said
adding a total of 119 people were affected.
"Most of the hospitalised patients were discharged and
19 are under observation at the village where a medical team
is operating since last night," he said.
"Samples of the Churma have been collected for
testing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'