Over 100 take ill after consuming Prasad in Udaipur
Jaipur: In a case of food poisoning, over
100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur
district, an official said on Sunday.
"Tribals from Faleja Kalan and Dabok area distributed
Churma (made of coarsely ground wheat, oil and sugar) as
`Prasad` at a Devi temple yesterday. Soon after consuming it,
people complained of abdomen pain and vomiting," Chief Medical
and Health Officer Dr B L Mishra told a news agency on phone.
"Twenty six people, including a few kids and women,
were hospitalised and rest were treated on the spot," he said
adding a total of 119 people were affected.
"Most of the hospitalised patients were discharged and
19 are under observation at the village where a medical team
is operating since last night," he said.
"Samples of the Churma have been collected for
testing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan