close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Over 100 take ill after consuming Prasad in Udaipur

In a case of food poisoning, over 100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur district, an official said.



Jaipur: In a case of food poisoning, over
100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur
district, an official said on Sunday.

"Tribals from Faleja Kalan and Dabok area distributed
Churma (made of coarsely ground wheat, oil and sugar) as
`Prasad` at a Devi temple yesterday. Soon after consuming it,
people complained of abdomen pain and vomiting," Chief Medical
and Health Officer Dr B L Mishra told a news agency on phone.
"Twenty six people, including a few kids and women,
were hospitalised and rest were treated on the spot," he said
adding a total of 119 people were affected.

"Most of the hospitalised patients were discharged and
19 are under observation at the village where a medical team
is operating since last night," he said.

"Samples of the Churma have been collected for
testing," he added.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video