Over 100 take ill after consuming Prasad in Udaipur
Jaipur: In a case of food poisoning, over
100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur
district, an official said on Sunday.
"Tribals from Faleja Kalan and Dabok area distributed
Churma (made of coarsely ground wheat, oil and sugar) as
`Prasad` at a Devi temple yesterday. Soon after consuming it,
people complained of abdomen pain and vomiting," Chief Medical
and Health Officer Dr B L Mishra told a news agency on phone.
"Twenty six people, including a few kids and women,
were hospitalised and rest were treated on the spot," he said
adding a total of 119 people were affected.
"Most of the hospitalised patients were discharged and
19 are under observation at the village where a medical team
is operating since last night," he said.
"Samples of the Churma have been collected for
testing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report