Over 100 take ill after consuming Prasad in Udaipur
Jaipur: In a case of food poisoning, over
100 people were taken ill after consuming `prasad` in Udaipur
district, an official said on Sunday.
"Tribals from Faleja Kalan and Dabok area distributed
Churma (made of coarsely ground wheat, oil and sugar) as
`Prasad` at a Devi temple yesterday. Soon after consuming it,
people complained of abdomen pain and vomiting," Chief Medical
and Health Officer Dr B L Mishra told a news agency on phone.
"Twenty six people, including a few kids and women,
were hospitalised and rest were treated on the spot," he said
adding a total of 119 people were affected.
"Most of the hospitalised patients were discharged and
19 are under observation at the village where a medical team
is operating since last night," he said.
"Samples of the Churma have been collected for
testing," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal