Over 50 children fall sick after eating stale chaat

Over 50 children fell sick due to food poisoning after eating stale chaat from a roadside shop in Rampur village here, officials said here.

Bijnor: Over 50 children fell sick due to food poisoning after eating stale chaat from a roadside shop in Rampur village here, officials said here.

The children started complaining of stomach ache and vomiting after having `chaat` from a vendor on Kiratpur- Akbarabad road after yesterday`s Eid prayers, they said.
They were rushed to the hospital where condition of three was stated to be serious. The matter is being probed, Chief Medical Officer S K Agnihotri said.

The police said that the chaat being sold was stale due to which the children fell ill.

No one has been arrested so far.

PTI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close