Over 6 lakh women to be enrolled in Rajasthan voter list
Jaipur: The Rajasthan election department has identified over six lakh unregistered eligible women voters, to be enrolled in the electoral roll.
"In a bid to improve sex ratio in the voter list, the department made special efforts and focused on identifying women voters in different parts of the state. We have so far identified 6,22,498 eligible women voters," Chief Election officer Ashok Kumar Jain said on Thursday.
Jain informed that the sex ratio in electoral roll published in January this year was 874 and with the special efforts and enrolment of these voters, the sex ratio will now improve to 890 in the list.
He said that maximum number of women-- 36,497, were identified in Bhilwara whereas other voters were identified from Sri Ganganagar, Alwar, Banswara, Baran, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dausa and Dholpur districts.
"The efforts are going on and district election registration officers and booth level officers have been directed to aware people of the importance of becoming a valid voter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video