Over 6 lakh women to be enrolled in Rajasthan voter list
Jaipur: The Rajasthan election department has identified over six lakh unregistered eligible women voters, to be enrolled in the electoral roll.
"In a bid to improve sex ratio in the voter list, the department made special efforts and focused on identifying women voters in different parts of the state. We have so far identified 6,22,498 eligible women voters," Chief Election officer Ashok Kumar Jain said on Thursday.
Jain informed that the sex ratio in electoral roll published in January this year was 874 and with the special efforts and enrolment of these voters, the sex ratio will now improve to 890 in the list.
He said that maximum number of women-- 36,497, were identified in Bhilwara whereas other voters were identified from Sri Ganganagar, Alwar, Banswara, Baran, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dausa and Dholpur districts.
"The efforts are going on and district election registration officers and booth level officers have been directed to aware people of the importance of becoming a valid voter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location