Over 6 lakh women to be enrolled in Rajasthan voter list
Jaipur: The Rajasthan election department has identified over six lakh unregistered eligible women voters, to be enrolled in the electoral roll.
"In a bid to improve sex ratio in the voter list, the department made special efforts and focused on identifying women voters in different parts of the state. We have so far identified 6,22,498 eligible women voters," Chief Election officer Ashok Kumar Jain said on Thursday.
Jain informed that the sex ratio in electoral roll published in January this year was 874 and with the special efforts and enrolment of these voters, the sex ratio will now improve to 890 in the list.
He said that maximum number of women-- 36,497, were identified in Bhilwara whereas other voters were identified from Sri Ganganagar, Alwar, Banswara, Baran, Barmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dausa and Dholpur districts.
"The efforts are going on and district election registration officers and booth level officers have been directed to aware people of the importance of becoming a valid voter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video