Over 8.95 lakh voters for 4 Rajasthan assembly bypolls
Jaipur: Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls on September 13 in the state, an official said on Sunday.
Of these, there would be 4.70 lakh men and 4.24 lakh women voters, Dr Govind Sharma, Chief Election Officer said here.
Constituency wise, there would be 2.40 lakh voters in Surajgarh seat of Jhunjhunu district, 2.17 lakh in Weir seat of Bharatpur, 1.95 lakh in Nasirabad seat of Ajmer, and 2.41 lakh in Kota South seat, he said.
Yesterday, Election Commission announced by-elections to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
According to a programme issued by the Commission, bypolls will be held for Nasirabad, Vair, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies in the state on September 13.
Filing of nominations will start with issuance of a notification on August 20.
Last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30, Sharma said.
While bypolls will be held on September 13, the counting will be held on September 16, he said.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Vair Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.
More than 950 polling stations will be set up for the by-elections in all the four constituencies which include 242 critical polling stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi