Over 8.95 lakh voters for 4 Rajasthan assembly bypolls
Jaipur: Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls on September 13 in the state, an official said on Sunday.
Of these, there would be 4.70 lakh men and 4.24 lakh women voters, Dr Govind Sharma, Chief Election Officer said here.
Constituency wise, there would be 2.40 lakh voters in Surajgarh seat of Jhunjhunu district, 2.17 lakh in Weir seat of Bharatpur, 1.95 lakh in Nasirabad seat of Ajmer, and 2.41 lakh in Kota South seat, he said.
Yesterday, Election Commission announced by-elections to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
According to a programme issued by the Commission, bypolls will be held for Nasirabad, Vair, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies in the state on September 13.
Filing of nominations will start with issuance of a notification on August 20.
Last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30, Sharma said.
While bypolls will be held on September 13, the counting will be held on September 16, he said.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Vair Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.
More than 950 polling stations will be set up for the by-elections in all the four constituencies which include 242 critical polling stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed