Over 8.95 lakh voters for 4 Rajasthan assembly bypolls
Jaipur: Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls on September 13 in the state, an official said on Sunday.
Of these, there would be 4.70 lakh men and 4.24 lakh women voters, Dr Govind Sharma, Chief Election Officer said here.
Constituency wise, there would be 2.40 lakh voters in Surajgarh seat of Jhunjhunu district, 2.17 lakh in Weir seat of Bharatpur, 1.95 lakh in Nasirabad seat of Ajmer, and 2.41 lakh in Kota South seat, he said.
Yesterday, Election Commission announced by-elections to four Assembly seats in Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
According to a programme issued by the Commission, bypolls will be held for Nasirabad, Vair, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies in the state on September 13.
Filing of nominations will start with issuance of a notification on August 20.
Last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30, Sharma said.
While bypolls will be held on September 13, the counting will be held on September 16, he said.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Vair Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.
More than 950 polling stations will be set up for the by-elections in all the four constituencies which include 242 critical polling stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi