Pak Hindus meet CM Gehlot again seeking shelter
Jodhpur: Barely a week after meeting Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot regarding resolving their problems of shelter and food, the Pakistani Hindu migrants, who had arrived in Jodhpur last Sunday, met him again today to press upon him to fulfill their basic demands.
Gehlot during the meeting assured them to resolve all their demands while directing the administration to coordinate with them.
Hundreds of migrants including men, women and children marched to the Circuit House this morning under the banner of the Seemant Lok Sangthan (SLS) to meet the chief minister, who was on a two-day visit to Jodhpur.
"The chief minister heard us patiently and directed the district administration to resolve the issue of shelter in coordination with the SLS. He also asked me to come to Jaipur to discuss the issue and strike a solution to the problem," President of SLS, Singh Sodha said.
Sodha claimed that inspite of the chief minister`s assurance of shelter to the migrants last Sunday, they have not been provided with any suitable shelter, where all can be accommodated.
A batch of 171 Hindus, including 32 women and children, had arrived in Jodhpur from Pakistan last Sunday to seek refuge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...