Pak Hindus meet CM Gehlot again seeking shelter
Jodhpur: Barely a week after meeting Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot regarding resolving their problems of shelter and food, the Pakistani Hindu migrants, who had arrived in Jodhpur last Sunday, met him again today to press upon him to fulfill their basic demands.
Gehlot during the meeting assured them to resolve all their demands while directing the administration to coordinate with them.
Hundreds of migrants including men, women and children marched to the Circuit House this morning under the banner of the Seemant Lok Sangthan (SLS) to meet the chief minister, who was on a two-day visit to Jodhpur.
"The chief minister heard us patiently and directed the district administration to resolve the issue of shelter in coordination with the SLS. He also asked me to come to Jaipur to discuss the issue and strike a solution to the problem," President of SLS, Singh Sodha said.
Sodha claimed that inspite of the chief minister`s assurance of shelter to the migrants last Sunday, they have not been provided with any suitable shelter, where all can be accommodated.
A batch of 171 Hindus, including 32 women and children, had arrived in Jodhpur from Pakistan last Sunday to seek refuge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city