Panchayat in Bikaner imposes penalty on consuming liquor
Bikaner (Rajasthan): A village Panchayat in Bikaner district has ordered the imposition of cash penalty for consumption of liquor and hunting animals.
During a meeting in Sinjguru Panchayat in Nokha tehsil on Wednesday, the panchayat unanimously decided to impose cash penalty ranging from Rs 1,000 to Rs 11,000 on those who consume liquor as well as killing animals.
If anyone is found selling liquor in the village, which has no such shop, the offender will have to pay a penalty of Rs 11,000, Deputy Sarpanch Balu Singh said.
A penalty of Rs 5,100 would have to be paid if a person is found hunting an animal or bird, he said.
It was also decided to make people aware about sanitation and other developmental issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday