Panchayat in Bikaner imposes penalty on consuming liquor
Bikaner (Rajasthan): A village Panchayat in Bikaner district has ordered the imposition of cash penalty for consumption of liquor and hunting animals.
During a meeting in Sinjguru Panchayat in Nokha tehsil on Wednesday, the panchayat unanimously decided to impose cash penalty ranging from Rs 1,000 to Rs 11,000 on those who consume liquor as well as killing animals.
If anyone is found selling liquor in the village, which has no such shop, the offender will have to pay a penalty of Rs 11,000, Deputy Sarpanch Balu Singh said.
A penalty of Rs 5,100 would have to be paid if a person is found hunting an animal or bird, he said.
It was also decided to make people aware about sanitation and other developmental issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali