Panchayati Raj institutions to be given substantial powers
Jaipur: Exuding confidence that the party
will emerge the winner in the panchayat polls beginning
tomorrow, the ruling Congress in Rajasthan today promised to
devolve substantial powers to the Panchayati Raj institutions
in the state.
All round development of villages, granting funds to
panchayats and imparting more functional powers to them would
be the first priority of the Congress government in Rajasthan,
PCC Vice-President Chandrabhan told a press conference here.
Claiming that the Congress would get landslide victory in
the panchayat polls, he said, the party`s policies and
programmes were strong enough to defeat the rival candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days