Panchayati Raj institutions to be given substantial powers
Jaipur: Exuding confidence that the party
will emerge the winner in the panchayat polls beginning
tomorrow, the ruling Congress in Rajasthan today promised to
devolve substantial powers to the Panchayati Raj institutions
in the state.
All round development of villages, granting funds to
panchayats and imparting more functional powers to them would
be the first priority of the Congress government in Rajasthan,
PCC Vice-President Chandrabhan told a press conference here.
Claiming that the Congress would get landslide victory in
the panchayat polls, he said, the party`s policies and
programmes were strong enough to defeat the rival candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred