Patients suffer as doctors go on strike in Jaipur
Jaipur: Medical and health services in state-run government hospitals were badly affected on Wednesday as doctors went on an indefinite strike demanding rotation in duty.
Over 300 resident doctors of the Jaipur Association of Resident Doctors (JARD), including those of Super Speciality department, went on strike after submitting a letter to their respective Head of Departments at Sawai Man Singh Hospital and College here, its Additional Superintendent Dr Ajit Singh told reporters.
The doctors demanded rotation of duty (roster system) as per the Medical Council of India (MCI) policy, and not to be given fixed duty in a single department during their three-year term.
The major problem was in Neurology department where MCI rules were not being followed, the JARD spokesman said.
Long queues were seen in the OPD of all the departments at SMS hospital, though senior doctors were called in to attend the patients` rush, he said.
Patients were seen running helter-skelter in Janana Hospital at Sanganeri gate, and Mahila Chikatsalaya at Chandpole, and many important surgeries were postponed in the government hospitals, the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Principal and Controller of SMS Medical Dr Subhash Nepaliya and SMS Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh were holding dialogues with the striking doctors to resolve the deadlock at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview