Personal security guards for all Raj MPs and MLAs
Jaipur: All MPs and MLAs from Rajasthan will now have their personal security guards, the state government has decided during its half yearly security review meeting.
After Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s nod, the state Home Ministry issued the orders on Thursday according to which all 200 MLAs and 35 MPs will be provided security cover in Rajasthan, an official said today.
"After the half yearly general review of security arrangements for protectees, the government took decisions accordingly. Upgradation of security to MLAs and MPs is one part of the orders," the senior police official said.
Earlier in the state, security guards to MLAs or MPs were provided on demand, but now a "needful" number of security personnel will be given to each of them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH