Personal security guards for all Raj MPs and MLAs
Jaipur: All MPs and MLAs from Rajasthan will now have their personal security guards, the state government has decided during its half yearly security review meeting.
After Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s nod, the state Home Ministry issued the orders on Thursday according to which all 200 MLAs and 35 MPs will be provided security cover in Rajasthan, an official said today.
"After the half yearly general review of security arrangements for protectees, the government took decisions accordingly. Upgradation of security to MLAs and MPs is one part of the orders," the senior police official said.
Earlier in the state, security guards to MLAs or MPs were provided on demand, but now a "needful" number of security personnel will be given to each of them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog