Personal security guards for all Raj MPs and MLAs
Jaipur: All MPs and MLAs from Rajasthan will now have their personal security guards, the state government has decided during its half yearly security review meeting.
After Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s nod, the state Home Ministry issued the orders on Thursday according to which all 200 MLAs and 35 MPs will be provided security cover in Rajasthan, an official said today.
"After the half yearly general review of security arrangements for protectees, the government took decisions accordingly. Upgradation of security to MLAs and MPs is one part of the orders," the senior police official said.
Earlier in the state, security guards to MLAs or MPs were provided on demand, but now a "needful" number of security personnel will be given to each of them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon