Personal security guards for all Raj MPs and MLAs
Jaipur: All MPs and MLAs from Rajasthan will now have their personal security guards, the state government has decided during its half yearly security review meeting.
After Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s nod, the state Home Ministry issued the orders on Thursday according to which all 200 MLAs and 35 MPs will be provided security cover in Rajasthan, an official said today.
"After the half yearly general review of security arrangements for protectees, the government took decisions accordingly. Upgradation of security to MLAs and MPs is one part of the orders," the senior police official said.
Earlier in the state, security guards to MLAs or MPs were provided on demand, but now a "needful" number of security personnel will be given to each of them, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic