Pilot demands Rajasthan govt to review decision on free medicine scheme
Jaipur: PCC President Sachin Pilot has demanded Rajasthan government to review its decision to revise the criteria for determining beneficiaries of free medicines introduced by the previous Congress regime.
Pilot said that the families earning Rs 275 per day would be deprived of the benefit of the scheme as per the proposed criteria. He demanded Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje to not take such decision just for "political reasons".
He said that the state government`s move may cause resentment among people.
Pilot said the scheme launched by the former government led by Ashok Gehlot was appreciated at various levels. The World Health Organisation also called it a unique initiative for public welfare and the Union government has also expressed its intention to introduce such scheme in the country.
The CM should withdraw her decision in public interest, he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?