Pink city gears up for Makar Sakranti
Jaipur: Despite a rise in prices of kites and glass-laced manjhas this season, the enthusiasm among locals in the Pink city remains high as they gear up to celebrate Makar Sakranti tomorrow.
Markets famous for kite-trading including Haldiyon Ka Rasta and Handipura have been flooded with buyers of all ages since yesterday and the crowd in the market is likely to remain till Monday.
"There is 10-20 per cent hike in prices of kites and manjhas but there is no impact on business and people in large number are buying kites," Usman Khan, a trader in Haliyon ka Rasta, said.
He said that there is no special attraction this year in terms of design as kites in traditional sizes and designs are being favoured.
Another kite trader Babu Miyan said favourable weather conditions and holidays in schools have had a positive impact on business this year.
"Business is good this year. Sales always increase in the last few days and markets would now be crowded during night hours also," he said.
Kites sold in the markets here are either locally manufactured or made in Bareli (UP). Average quality kite is available for Rs 3 and 4.
Bareli-made kites and manjhas are always preferred by Kite-flyers due to their unmatched quality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested