PIO of college slapped with fine for delay in releasing info
Jaipur: A penalty of Rs 25,000 has been
slapped on a Public Information Officer of an engineering
college here by the Central Information Commission for delay
in releasing information sought by a faculty member under RTI.
The CIC imposed the penalty on Professor Anurag Misra
of Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) for not
providing information to S D Bharti on the number of show
cause notices issued by CIC to the institute in last four
years even 100 days after filing of the application.
Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi, in a hearing
this week in New Delhi, found Misra guilty under Section 20(1)
of the RTI Act.
Director of MNIT, Jaipur was directed to deduct Rs
5,000 from Misra`s salary every month from April onwards.
The Commission held the combined hearing on Shah`s
other applications seeking details of career advancement
scheme for faculty promotion and foreign travels made by the
Institute`s faculty members in last five years.
The CIC expressed its deep anguish on the persistent
non-compliance of orders by the PIO and ordered complete
disclosure of all required files and to facilitate file
inspection on three days from April 28, 2010.
After the file inspection, the inspection report shall
be prepared listing all the files inspected and for
non-existent document a certificate shall be issued by the
MNIT that such document never existed in the office files.
As for the lost/stolen records, a police complaint has
to be made by the Institute clearly naming the person who has
last handled the stolen files, the order said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?