Plane tyre bursts; flight ops hit at Jaipur airport
Jaipur: Flight operations were halted at Sanganer airport here after a plane suffered tyre burst in the process of landing, but no one was injured, airport sources said on Monday.
Guwahati-Delhi flight of Air India with 173 passengers on board, which was diverted to Jaipur airport due to poor visibility in Delhi, suffered a tyre burst during landing last night, they said.
However, the passengers escaped unhurt, they said.
"Schedule of 15 flights, including three international flights, has been disrupted as the runway is blocked since last night. It is likely to be restored in the afternoon," the sources said.
Emergency services were pressed into service and restoration work is in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Happy anniversary, Voyager 2: NASA celebrates spacecraft's legacy 35 years on!
- India ranked worst performer at Rio Olympics amongst medal winning countries
- Should Rahul be blamed for all Congressmen's crimes, asks BJP
- Shoaib Akhtar gets Birthday bash on TV show "Mazaak Mazaak Mein"
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton