Plane tyre bursts; flight ops hit at Jaipur airport
Jaipur: Flight operations were halted at Sanganer airport here after a plane suffered tyre burst in the process of landing, but no one was injured, airport sources said on Monday.
Guwahati-Delhi flight of Air India with 173 passengers on board, which was diverted to Jaipur airport due to poor visibility in Delhi, suffered a tyre burst during landing last night, they said.
However, the passengers escaped unhurt, they said.
"Schedule of 15 flights, including three international flights, has been disrupted as the runway is blocked since last night. It is likely to be restored in the afternoon," the sources said.
Emergency services were pressed into service and restoration work is in progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city