Planning to make Rajasthan a major tourism hub: Vasundhra Raje
Jaipur: Rajasthan government plans to make the desert state as a major tourism hub on the lines of Kerala and Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Vasundhra Raje said today.
To attract both domestic and foreign tourists, the state agencies would act as facilitator for tourism sector and ensure participation of private players, she said, adding that special efforts will be made to improve air connectivity of main cities.
The chief minister, who was addressing a meeting of tourism department here, insisted on improving the infrastructure facilities to support expansion of tourism activities.
In the meeting, it was also suggested that publicity should be done through social media, websites, information technology and other such mediums.
Raje asked for organising more tourist festivals, fairs and road shows and protecting the heritage of historical forts, havelis, waterbodies, monuments and other places of tourists` interest through renovation and availability of facilities.
The chief minister said that a detailed and extensive map will be prepared spotting different gates, pathways, chopars and other monumental locations of the Walled City of Jaipur.
Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi, Principal Secretary Finance Subhash Garg, Principal Secretary Art and Culture Kiran Soni Gupta, Commissioner Tourism Gayatri Rathore, CEO and MD of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Amitabh Kant, other officers and representatives of the tourism sector institutes were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees