PM lands in Jaipur for Congress Chintan Shivir
Jaipur: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday arrived here to attend the Congress party`s brainstorming camp in the Pink city.
Singh arrived in a special aircraft which landed at 11:50 hrs at Sanganer airport where Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Governor Margaret Alva and others welcomed him.
From the airport, the Prime Minister headed to Raj Bhawan for a brief halt, before reaching the Chintan Shivir venue at Birla auditorium.
The two-day Chintan Shivir is beginning today and will be followed by AICC meeting on Sunday.
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi would arrive here around 2 pm.
Most of the delegates including chief ministers, Union ministers, party leaders, NSUI and Youth Congress leaders have reached here to brainstorm on political, socio-economic and global issues and challenges.
The session, to be attended by 347 delegates, would formally begin with opening remarks by Sonia Gandhi.
Meanwhile, a few hoardings and billboards put up at different places to welcome the PM and UPA Chairperson were displaced by rain and winds last night, and were replaced in the morning by party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar