PM to lay foundation for airport, Jaipur Metro Rail phase I-B
Jaipur: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will lay foundation stones for an airport in Kishangarh and Jaipur Metro Rail phase-1B here on Saturday, official sources said.
The airport will come up at Kishangarh, about 100 km from here and 35 km near Ajmer. It will cater to demands of pilgrims who visit Ajmer Dargah Sharief and Pushkar Lake.
The new airport, estimated to cost Rs.160 crore, is likely to start operation in 2016. Singh will also dedicate to the nation a solar power plant constructed under Jawahar Lal Nehru Solar Mission here.
Later, he will lay the foundation stone for underground construction of Metro Rail at a ceremony in proposed Chandpole station here to be built by Continental Engineering Corporation (CEC) at a cost of Rs. 507 crore in next three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video