PM to lay foundation for airport, Jaipur Metro Rail phase I-B
Jaipur: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will lay foundation stones for an airport in Kishangarh and Jaipur Metro Rail phase-1B here on Saturday, official sources said.
The airport will come up at Kishangarh, about 100 km from here and 35 km near Ajmer. It will cater to demands of pilgrims who visit Ajmer Dargah Sharief and Pushkar Lake.
The new airport, estimated to cost Rs.160 crore, is likely to start operation in 2016. Singh will also dedicate to the nation a solar power plant constructed under Jawahar Lal Nehru Solar Mission here.
Later, he will lay the foundation stone for underground construction of Metro Rail at a ceremony in proposed Chandpole station here to be built by Continental Engineering Corporation (CEC) at a cost of Rs. 507 crore in next three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened