close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Poisonous gas claims four lives in Tonk

Four persons died on Sunday after inhaling poisonous gas in a well in Rajasthan`s Tonk district.



Jaipur: Four persons died on Sunday after inhaling poisonous gas in a well in Rajasthan`s Tonk district, police said.

The incident occurred in Baghpura village, 80 km from Tonk district headquarters, when Ramkumar (18) went down into the well to clean mud. As he went down the 25-ft deep well, he inhaled poisonous gas and fainted.

When he did not come out, his uncle Babulal Bairwa went inside and he too fainted, police said.

Hearing cries of the family members, their neighbours Atmara and Ramrai Balai, both brothers, came to their rescue and went down but they also met with the same fate.

Police were informed and a rescue and medical team rushed to the spot and brought the bodies out.

"All the four had died inside the well. A medical team conducted their postmortem," SHO of Lamba Hari Singh police station Dharmesh Dayma said.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions