Poisonous gas claims four lives in Tonk
Jaipur: Four persons died on Sunday after inhaling poisonous gas in a well in Rajasthan`s Tonk district, police said.
The incident occurred in Baghpura village, 80 km from Tonk district headquarters, when Ramkumar (18) went down into the well to clean mud. As he went down the 25-ft deep well, he inhaled poisonous gas and fainted.
When he did not come out, his uncle Babulal Bairwa went inside and he too fainted, police said.
Hearing cries of the family members, their neighbours Atmara and Ramrai Balai, both brothers, came to their rescue and went down but they also met with the same fate.
Police were informed and a rescue and medical team rushed to the spot and brought the bodies out.
"All the four had died inside the well. A medical team conducted their postmortem," SHO of Lamba Hari Singh police station Dharmesh Dayma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon