Police announce reward for info relating rape accused civil servant
Jaipur: Police on Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to anybody providing information leading to the arrest of rape accused suspended IAS officer BB Mohanty.
Mohanty, who had been declared a proclaimed absconder by a local court here, is evading arrest in the rape case of a civil servant aspirant.
The award was announced by DCP South on July 19 for information leading to the arrest of the accused, ACP Sodala Premdan said today.
The victim had alleged that additional chief secretary rank officer Mohanty raped her several times on the pretext of helping her in cracking the civil services examination.
Mohanty, who was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, was suspended by the state government in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!