Police announce reward for info relating rape accused civil servant
Jaipur: Police on Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to anybody providing information leading to the arrest of rape accused suspended IAS officer BB Mohanty.
Mohanty, who had been declared a proclaimed absconder by a local court here, is evading arrest in the rape case of a civil servant aspirant.
The award was announced by DCP South on July 19 for information leading to the arrest of the accused, ACP Sodala Premdan said today.
The victim had alleged that additional chief secretary rank officer Mohanty raped her several times on the pretext of helping her in cracking the civil services examination.
Mohanty, who was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, was suspended by the state government in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter