Police announce reward for info relating rape accused civil servant
Jaipur: Police on Tuesday announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to anybody providing information leading to the arrest of rape accused suspended IAS officer BB Mohanty.
Mohanty, who had been declared a proclaimed absconder by a local court here, is evading arrest in the rape case of a civil servant aspirant.
The award was announced by DCP South on July 19 for information leading to the arrest of the accused, ACP Sodala Premdan said today.
The victim had alleged that additional chief secretary rank officer Mohanty raped her several times on the pretext of helping her in cracking the civil services examination.
Mohanty, who was posted as chairman of the Rajasthan Civil Services Appellate Tribunal, was suspended by the state government in February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets