Police bust motorcycle lifters` gang, 6 students held
Jaipur: Police today claimed to have busted
a motorcycle lifters` gang with the arrest of six college
students and recovered 41 bikes from their possession here.
"The gang leader Mukesh Kumar (20) is a BSc student of
Maharaja College here and had scored over 75 per cent in both
class X and XII, while the other accused are also college
students," Jaipur (South) SP Jose Mohan said.
Mukesh used to lift bikes from crowded places like
shopping malls and then used to sell them through his known
network of students in rural areas of Sikar district, where he
also runs a computer institute.
"They were produced before a local court today which
remanded them to police custody. During interrogation, the
gang members have confessed to the crime," the SP said.
A police team has been sent to Sikar for recovering more
bikes, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?