Police must fine-tune with minorities: Habibullah
Jaipur: Chairperson of National Commission
for Minorities (NCM) Wajahat Habibullah on Friday asked the
Rajasthan government to focus on "fine-tuning" coordination
between police and minority community in the state.
The NCM chairperson, who visited the state in the wake of
Gopalgarh violence, in which ten persons belonging to Mev
Muslim community were killed, today met the Chief Minister
Expressing satisfaction over measures taken by the state
government in the wake of Gopalgarh violence, he said, "The
commission`s priority was to restore communal harmony in the
area and local police should also initiate programmes to
strengthen coordination in minority-dominated areas."
Habibullah and Gehlot discussed in detail the schemes
being run in the state for the welfare of minority community.
He said that the government should make additional efforts
to popularise the schemes so that people can avail benefits of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?