Police opened fire 86 times in Gehlot regime: BJP
Jaipur: Contradicting Gehlot government`s claim of better law and order situation in Rajasthan, BJP on Monday alleged that police had opened fire 86 times claiming lives of 31 people and four policemen in between 2009 to 2012.
Apart from the deaths, 74 people and 155 cops were injured in various firing related incidents, BJP spokesman Kailash Nath Bhatt said in a statement here.
In 2009, police had opened fire 20 times and 21 times in 2010. The figure was 18 times in 2011 and 27 times in 2012, claimed Bhatt, elaborating the break up.
"Ashok Gehlot should tender his resignation owing moral responsibility for the deteriorating law and order situation, as he holds the home minister`s portfolio," Bhatt demanded.
It was Mr Ashok Gehlot who used to blame former Chief Ministers B S Shekhawat and Vasundhara Raje for rampant police firing on farmers in Ghadasan and Dausa, Bhatt said, adding "BJP would like to know whether the Congress government in Rajasthan is not standing on corpse".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray