Police rubbish reports on relations between Asaram Bapu, Shilpi
Jaipur: Police sources have rubbished the media reports that Asaram Bapu and Chhindwara Gurukul Ashram hostel warden Shilpi had a physical relations, stating that nothing like this has come to light during the investigation.
Meanwhile, despite Union home ministry’s letter stating to keep Asaram out of “saint and religious leader” category, a complete violation was witnessed in Jodhpur.
The Jodhpur Central Jail administration continues to call Asaram a “sant”. It was revealed that when a forwarding letter was sent to district judge on Asaram’s account, instead of ‘signature’, the letter read “Sant Shri Asaram Bapu”.
Further, the district and sessions court will hear the Asaram’s petition for outside food and ‘Gangajal’ on Friday. The 16-year-old victim’s counsel opposed the petition because of which district judge Manoj Kumar Vyas adjourned the court for further hearing till Friday.
After court rejected Asaram’s bail petition on Wednesday, it was expected that his lawyers may move the High Court, but for now, a team of lawyers, including KK Menon and Vikas Pahwa, has reportedly flown back to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley