Policemen run for health in Pink City
Jaipur: Hundreds of cops in Rajasthan are in
a race - not to catch criminals but for health.
With an aim of creating awareness about health, policemen
from the top to the bottom Saturday participated in a
march-for-health in the Pink City.
DGP Harish Meena flagged off the `walk-and-run` at
Albert hall in Ramniwas garden which ended at reserve police
lines near Jalmahal in the morning.
Senior police officers including DGP Harish Meena, Addl
DGs PK Vyas, Dalpat Singh Dinkar, Ajit Kumar Singh, IG (Hq)
Nina Singh, Jaipur police commissioner B L Soni, Add.
Commissioner Biju George Joseph, Deputy Commissioner Rohit
Mahajan, were among those who took part in the run.
Most of the participants finished the 6 km walk-and-run
in 40 minutes.
"Objective of the event was to create awareness for
health among policemen and civilians. Such activities help in
reducing stress level and improves mental and physical health
and we are planning to organise such activities on different
occasions," DGP Meena told reporters.
700 Policemen from Rajasthan Police Academy, 300 from
Jaipur Police Commissionerate, 50 from Planning and Welfare as
as many each from Intelligence, Wireless, and Crime units, 40
from Police lines and 10 from Government Railway Police took
part in the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand