Post on Facebook threatens to blow up Jaipur airport
Jaipur: Security in and around the Sanganer Airport here was on Sunday stepped up after security agencies received information about a post on social-networking website Facebook threatening to blow up the airport on October 1.
"We got information that somebody has uploaded content threatening bomb blast at the airport on a social networking website, following which we tightened security and briefed airlines about that," airport`s Officiating Director P Srikrishna said, adding that the threat was non-specific.
Internal security at the airport is being handled by CISF and addition policemen have also been deployed outside the airport.
"We got inputs about the threat and the security has been tightened. The matter is being investigated and efforts are being made to locate the Facebook account user," Additional DCP Yogesh Dadhich said.
The content was reportedly uploaded by a woman on his Facebook wall in which she said that the airport will be blown up on October 1, police sources said.
The identity of the Facebook account user has not disclosed but police sources say its been operated somewhere in Churu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...