Post on Facebook threatens to blow up Jaipur airport
Jaipur: Security in and around the Sanganer Airport here was on Sunday stepped up after security agencies received information about a post on social-networking website Facebook threatening to blow up the airport on October 1.
"We got information that somebody has uploaded content threatening bomb blast at the airport on a social networking website, following which we tightened security and briefed airlines about that," airport`s Officiating Director P Srikrishna said, adding that the threat was non-specific.
Internal security at the airport is being handled by CISF and addition policemen have also been deployed outside the airport.
"We got inputs about the threat and the security has been tightened. The matter is being investigated and efforts are being made to locate the Facebook account user," Additional DCP Yogesh Dadhich said.
The content was reportedly uploaded by a woman on his Facebook wall in which she said that the airport will be blown up on October 1, police sources said.
The identity of the Facebook account user has not disclosed but police sources say its been operated somewhere in Churu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!