Postal dept goofs up while issuing ISC centenary stamp
Jaipur: A city-based philatelist has raked up the issue of the India Post department committing a "goof up" while issuing a postal stamp on the occasion of the centenary of Indian Science Congress last month.
A brochure, designed by Ahmedabad based National Institute of Design (NID), erroneously states that the 34th session of Indian Science Congress and the "first session after independence" was held in Delhi from 3-8 January 1947, seven months before independence.
The philatelist, Abhishek Jalan, demanded that the government should take stern action against the person responsible for the "blunder".
When contacted, an official of the India Post department said the fact had not been brought to his notice.
"The fact is essentially incorrect but was never noticed. I will now look into the matter," Assistant Director General (Philatelic), India Post, V K Singh, said.
The Rs-5 stamp celebrates 100 years of the Indian Science Congress with a theme `Towards Scientific Temper`.
An official from Philatelic bureau in West Bengal said the stamp was released by President Pranab Mukherjee during centenary celebrations of Indian Science Congress in Kolkata on January 3.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!