Power restored in some parts of Rajasthan
Jaipur: Power supply has been restored in some parts of Rajasthan, including capital Jaipur, after remaining disrupted since morning due to the collapse of the Northern Grid.
Power transmission was restored in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Nagaur and some other parts and the situation would further improve in few hours, Director, Power Trading, P S Chandelia said.
"We have recovered 1000 MW from two units so far and are lighting up other units to restore power," the official said.
"Rajasthan is among the northern states where power supply from northern grid has been stopped for the last few hours due to a fault which occurred because of overdraw. Efforts are being made to restore power supply at least in divisional headquarters," he said.
The official said that due to rainfall last night, demand for power has decreased and supply from units in the state may improve by the evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G