Pre-monsoon showers bring respite in parts of Rajasthan
Jaipur: Parts of Rajasthan were lashed by pre-monsoon showers on Tuesday, giving relief to people suffering from hot and humid conditions, as Ajmer recorded a maximum rainfall of 50.4 mm.
People in pink city of Jaipur also enjoyed showers as the city witnessed 25.9 mm rainfall this afternoon.
Kota received a maximum rainfall of 2.4 mm.
However, there was no let up in heat wave conditions in rest of the state as Sriganganagar was the hottest with 43 degree Celsius followed by Jaisalmer 41.2, Bikaner 40.6, Churu 39.4, Jodhpur 39, and Jaipur 31.7 deg C.
Showers or squall may hit parts of north-west Rajasthan in the next 24 hours, according to the meteorological department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees