Probe ordered into withdrawal of pension by Pakistani woman
Jaisalmer: An alleged case of a Pakistani woman withdrawing pension from the Rajasthan state treasury has come to light and district authorities have ordered a probe into it.
The probe was ordered following a complaint by a local man Alam Khan who said the woman, Ladoo, was now a Pakistani citizen after her marriage in 2007 and was getting a regular pension.
When asked whether a pensioner is eligible to draw pension even after getting a citizenship of other country, Director of the Pension Department DK Mittal said, "I can not say anything about it, we will talk to the Treasury Department."
"It is subject to confirmation whether such condition is permissible or not in pension rules," District Collector Narain Lal Meena told a news agency today.
"She was an employee with the State Forest Department in Jaisalmer. She took volunteer retirement in August 2007 and the pension started from the next month. As per the bank details, the pension was discontinued in September 2011 for reasons unknown at this time," he said.
The woman worked as a `Beldar` (labourer).
The collector said the woman was married in Pakistan after she took volunteer retirement in 2007 and a Sub Division Officer will seek all the details about her from her family members living in Mohangarh area in the district.
"There are several aspects that need to be looked at. We will have to see her citizenship status, and pension rules in such cases. The pension was discontinued in 2011 as per the bank.”
"There may be some reasons behind it. We are seeking further details from the bank and the state treasury," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly