Probe ordered into withdrawal of pension by Pakistani woman
Jaisalmer: An alleged case of a Pakistani woman withdrawing pension from the Rajasthan state treasury has come to light and district authorities have ordered a probe into it.
The probe was ordered following a complaint by a local man Alam Khan who said the woman, Ladoo, was now a Pakistani citizen after her marriage in 2007 and was getting a regular pension.
When asked whether a pensioner is eligible to draw pension even after getting a citizenship of other country, Director of the Pension Department DK Mittal said, "I can not say anything about it, we will talk to the Treasury Department."
"It is subject to confirmation whether such condition is permissible or not in pension rules," District Collector Narain Lal Meena told a news agency today.
"She was an employee with the State Forest Department in Jaisalmer. She took volunteer retirement in August 2007 and the pension started from the next month. As per the bank details, the pension was discontinued in September 2011 for reasons unknown at this time," he said.
The woman worked as a `Beldar` (labourer).
The collector said the woman was married in Pakistan after she took volunteer retirement in 2007 and a Sub Division Officer will seek all the details about her from her family members living in Mohangarh area in the district.
"There are several aspects that need to be looked at. We will have to see her citizenship status, and pension rules in such cases. The pension was discontinued in 2011 as per the bank.”
"There may be some reasons behind it. We are seeking further details from the bank and the state treasury," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre