`Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses`
Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses: Government
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan government on Saturday told the high court that allegations of threats to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers and witnesses in the case of missing nurse Bhanwari Devi case are being investigated properly, a lawyer said.
"The state government, through its counsel, told the court that adequate steps are being to taken and proper investigation has been launched by the police into the CBI`s allegations," said CBI counsel Panne Singh.
A bench of Justice Govind Mathur and Justice NK Jain also dismissed a habeas corpus petition filed by Bhanwari Devi`s husband Amarchand for tracing his missing wife after CBI filed the chargesheet saying that the nurse is dead.
The CBI had told the court during the previous hearing on the petition that witnesses are being forced to turn hostile and the agency is getting threats.
The state government will also shift former minister Mahipal Maderna and Congress legislator from Luni, Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, from the Jodhpur Central Jail to some other jail in the state, the state government told the court. Both Maderna and Malkhan are accused in the case and have been arrested by the CBI.
The CBI had filed the charge sheet against 16 accused including Malkhan and Maderna earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video