Protest over Facebook comment: 11 cops injured
Jaipur: At least 11 policemen were today injured when some protesters, on way to submit memorandum about a "derogatory" comment on a social networking site against a community, turned violent and pelted stones on police personnel in Nagaur district of Rajasthan.
The crowd was on way to submit memorandum at district administration office in Makrana town when it changed its route halfway and marched towards the police station and pelted stones, police said.
The stone pelting, which left 11 policemen injured, prompted the police to use force to control the unruly mob.
People of the minority community lodged a complaint against a Facebook account user, who allegedly posted derogatory remark against the community, police said.
A man, identified as Chandrashekhar, was arrested last night in this connection, they said, adding that situation in the area was under control.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?