Protest over Facebook comment: 11 cops injured
Jaipur: At least 11 policemen were today injured when some protesters, on way to submit memorandum about a "derogatory" comment on a social networking site against a community, turned violent and pelted stones on police personnel in Nagaur district of Rajasthan.
The crowd was on way to submit memorandum at district administration office in Makrana town when it changed its route halfway and marched towards the police station and pelted stones, police said.
The stone pelting, which left 11 policemen injured, prompted the police to use force to control the unruly mob.
People of the minority community lodged a complaint against a Facebook account user, who allegedly posted derogatory remark against the community, police said.
A man, identified as Chandrashekhar, was arrested last night in this connection, they said, adding that situation in the area was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics