Protest over Facebook comment: 11 cops injured
Jaipur: At least 11 policemen were today injured when some protesters, on way to submit memorandum about a "derogatory" comment on a social networking site against a community, turned violent and pelted stones on police personnel in Nagaur district of Rajasthan.
The crowd was on way to submit memorandum at district administration office in Makrana town when it changed its route halfway and marched towards the police station and pelted stones, police said.
The stone pelting, which left 11 policemen injured, prompted the police to use force to control the unruly mob.
People of the minority community lodged a complaint against a Facebook account user, who allegedly posted derogatory remark against the community, police said.
A man, identified as Chandrashekhar, was arrested last night in this connection, they said, adding that situation in the area was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert