Protest over Facebook comment: 11 cops injured
Jaipur: At least 11 policemen were today injured when some protesters, on way to submit memorandum about a "derogatory" comment on a social networking site against a community, turned violent and pelted stones on police personnel in Nagaur district of Rajasthan.
The crowd was on way to submit memorandum at district administration office in Makrana town when it changed its route halfway and marched towards the police station and pelted stones, police said.
The stone pelting, which left 11 policemen injured, prompted the police to use force to control the unruly mob.
People of the minority community lodged a complaint against a Facebook account user, who allegedly posted derogatory remark against the community, police said.
A man, identified as Chandrashekhar, was arrested last night in this connection, they said, adding that situation in the area was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets