Protest over Facebook comment: 11 cops injured
Jaipur: At least 11 policemen were today injured when some protesters, on way to submit memorandum about a "derogatory" comment on a social networking site against a community, turned violent and pelted stones on police personnel in Nagaur district of Rajasthan.
The crowd was on way to submit memorandum at district administration office in Makrana town when it changed its route halfway and marched towards the police station and pelted stones, police said.
The stone pelting, which left 11 policemen injured, prompted the police to use force to control the unruly mob.
People of the minority community lodged a complaint against a Facebook account user, who allegedly posted derogatory remark against the community, police said.
A man, identified as Chandrashekhar, was arrested last night in this connection, they said, adding that situation in the area was under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy