Protesters torch police outpost in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police outpost and a jeep were on Thursday torched by locals including students who were protesting against the transfer of a school teacher in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district.
The agitators set ablaze the jeep of a district official and torched the outpost when police used force to disperse the group of students who were protesting against the transfer of the teacher Ashok Kumar since yesterday.
The teacher was transferred to another district two days back and the students were demanding that the transfer be cancelled.
When the police tried to disperse them, the students and few locals turned violent and set the jeep and the outpost on fire, police said
However, the situation was brought under control later, they said, adding that efforts were on to identify the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal