Protesters torch police outpost in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police outpost and a jeep were on Thursday torched by locals including students who were protesting against the transfer of a school teacher in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district.
The agitators set ablaze the jeep of a district official and torched the outpost when police used force to disperse the group of students who were protesting against the transfer of the teacher Ashok Kumar since yesterday.
The teacher was transferred to another district two days back and the students were demanding that the transfer be cancelled.
When the police tried to disperse them, the students and few locals turned violent and set the jeep and the outpost on fire, police said
However, the situation was brought under control later, they said, adding that efforts were on to identify the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends