Protesters torch police outpost in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A police outpost and a jeep were on Thursday torched by locals including students who were protesting against the transfer of a school teacher in Rajasthan`s Jhunjhunu district.
The agitators set ablaze the jeep of a district official and torched the outpost when police used force to disperse the group of students who were protesting against the transfer of the teacher Ashok Kumar since yesterday.
The teacher was transferred to another district two days back and the students were demanding that the transfer be cancelled.
When the police tried to disperse them, the students and few locals turned violent and set the jeep and the outpost on fire, police said
However, the situation was brought under control later, they said, adding that efforts were on to identify the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch