Pushkar fair begins in Ajmer
Ajmer: The famous Pushkar fair, which attracts lakhs of people including foreign tourists, began Wednesday with a number of cultural programmes, group dance and camel race.
Rajasthan MoS for Education Naseem Akhtar Insaaf formally inaugurated the fair, which takes place in the Hindu month of Kartika beginning on 8th day of Lunar calendar and continues till full moon.
The minister informed that the state government has for the first time allocated an additional budget of Rs two crore for the arrangements in the fair.
Lakhs of visitors are likely to visit the fair in Pushkar, some 15 kms from here, officials said.
Cattle trading mostly takes place during the first half of the festival period, while religious activities dominate the later half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket