Pushkar fair begins in Ajmer
Ajmer: The famous Pushkar fair, which attracts lakhs of people including foreign tourists, began Wednesday with a number of cultural programmes, group dance and camel race.
Rajasthan MoS for Education Naseem Akhtar Insaaf formally inaugurated the fair, which takes place in the Hindu month of Kartika beginning on 8th day of Lunar calendar and continues till full moon.
The minister informed that the state government has for the first time allocated an additional budget of Rs two crore for the arrangements in the fair.
Lakhs of visitors are likely to visit the fair in Pushkar, some 15 kms from here, officials said.
Cattle trading mostly takes place during the first half of the festival period, while religious activities dominate the later half.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores