Pushkar fair concludes
Ajmer: The famous Pushkar fair concluded here on Wednesday with over one lakh devotees taking dips in the holy lake on the occasion of Kartik Poornima.
Apart from taking dips at the lake amid chanting of `mantras` early this morning, the devotees offered prayers, including at the Bhrahma Temple, and offered alms to needy people at Pushkar, 15km from here.
To mark the closing ceremony of the fair, several cultural performances were organised which were attended by Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs Sachin Pilot.
Various competitions, including camel race, horse race and tug of war, were held for visitors, including foreigners, during the fair.
The fair began on November 21. A cattle fair was also held in which thousands of cattle were brought for livestock trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read