Pushkar fair concludes
Ajmer: The famous Pushkar fair concluded here on Wednesday with over one lakh devotees taking dips in the holy lake on the occasion of Kartik Poornima.
Apart from taking dips at the lake amid chanting of `mantras` early this morning, the devotees offered prayers, including at the Bhrahma Temple, and offered alms to needy people at Pushkar, 15km from here.
To mark the closing ceremony of the fair, several cultural performances were organised which were attended by Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs Sachin Pilot.
Various competitions, including camel race, horse race and tug of war, were held for visitors, including foreigners, during the fair.
The fair began on November 21. A cattle fair was also held in which thousands of cattle were brought for livestock trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II