Pushkar fair concludes
Ajmer: The famous Pushkar fair concluded here on Wednesday with over one lakh devotees taking dips in the holy lake on the occasion of Kartik Poornima.
Apart from taking dips at the lake amid chanting of `mantras` early this morning, the devotees offered prayers, including at the Bhrahma Temple, and offered alms to needy people at Pushkar, 15km from here.
To mark the closing ceremony of the fair, several cultural performances were organised which were attended by Union Minister of State for Corporate Affairs Sachin Pilot.
Various competitions, including camel race, horse race and tug of war, were held for visitors, including foreigners, during the fair.
The fair began on November 21. A cattle fair was also held in which thousands of cattle were brought for livestock trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi