Pvt school-owner arrested for raping, poisoning minor girls
Bikaner: The owner of a private school has been arrested for allegedly raping two minor girls and giving them poison leading to their deaths, police said on Saturday.
Rajesh Dhangad was arrested last night for allegedly raping the girls, both students of class VIII at his school, on April 11 and then poisoning the duo when they threatened to disclose the matter to their parents, they said.
The girls succumbed later that day at separate hospitals where they were admitted upon falling unconscious after returning to their respective homes, police said.
"One of the girls had managed to narrate the incident to her family and said they were raped and given poison by the school-owner following which her father lodged an FIR against Dhangad yesterday," police said, adding that the accused will be produced in a local court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez