`Rahul deliberately linking BJP with family assassinations`
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday accused Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi of deliberately trying to link BJP with the assassination of his grandmother and father in his speech at a political rally in Rajasthan`s Churu district recently.
"We have objection over Rahul Gandhi`s speech. He tried to create communal disharmony," BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said today.
"Everyone knows who was behind the assassination of his grandmother and father... Then why make such speech. What is his intention?" she asked.
Accusing Rahul Gandhi of "inciting riotous behaviour" through his speeches, BJP on October 25 had lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking action against him and Congress for "wilful and blatant" violation of the Model Code.
Sitharaman said the Commission has assured of suitable action in this regard.
She also lashed out at the JD(U) government in Bihar in the backdrop of serial bomb blasts in Patna before the rally of Narendra Modi on Sunday, accusing it of not making proper security arrangements for the same.
"The Bihar government has crossed limits of appeasement policy. No proper security arrangements were made for the rally despite specific intelligence inputs. Centre had to rush officers to take custody of terrorist Yasin Bhatkal because Bihar police was reluctant for taking Bhatkal in their custody," she alleged.
Six persons were killed and more than 80 injured in the seven low intensity serial blasts in and around the venue of Modi`s mega rally at the Gandhi Maidan shortly before his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand