`Rahul deliberately linking BJP with family assassinations`
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday accused Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi of deliberately trying to link BJP with the assassination of his grandmother and father in his speech at a political rally in Rajasthan`s Churu district recently.
"We have objection over Rahul Gandhi`s speech. He tried to create communal disharmony," BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said today.
"Everyone knows who was behind the assassination of his grandmother and father... Then why make such speech. What is his intention?" she asked.
Accusing Rahul Gandhi of "inciting riotous behaviour" through his speeches, BJP on October 25 had lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking action against him and Congress for "wilful and blatant" violation of the Model Code.
Sitharaman said the Commission has assured of suitable action in this regard.
She also lashed out at the JD(U) government in Bihar in the backdrop of serial bomb blasts in Patna before the rally of Narendra Modi on Sunday, accusing it of not making proper security arrangements for the same.
"The Bihar government has crossed limits of appeasement policy. No proper security arrangements were made for the rally despite specific intelligence inputs. Centre had to rush officers to take custody of terrorist Yasin Bhatkal because Bihar police was reluctant for taking Bhatkal in their custody," she alleged.
Six persons were killed and more than 80 injured in the seven low intensity serial blasts in and around the venue of Modi`s mega rally at the Gandhi Maidan shortly before his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi