`Rahul deliberately linking BJP with family assassinations`
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday accused Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi of deliberately trying to link BJP with the assassination of his grandmother and father in his speech at a political rally in Rajasthan`s Churu district recently.
"We have objection over Rahul Gandhi`s speech. He tried to create communal disharmony," BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said today.
"Everyone knows who was behind the assassination of his grandmother and father... Then why make such speech. What is his intention?" she asked.
Accusing Rahul Gandhi of "inciting riotous behaviour" through his speeches, BJP on October 25 had lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking action against him and Congress for "wilful and blatant" violation of the Model Code.
Sitharaman said the Commission has assured of suitable action in this regard.
She also lashed out at the JD(U) government in Bihar in the backdrop of serial bomb blasts in Patna before the rally of Narendra Modi on Sunday, accusing it of not making proper security arrangements for the same.
"The Bihar government has crossed limits of appeasement policy. No proper security arrangements were made for the rally despite specific intelligence inputs. Centre had to rush officers to take custody of terrorist Yasin Bhatkal because Bihar police was reluctant for taking Bhatkal in their custody," she alleged.
Six persons were killed and more than 80 injured in the seven low intensity serial blasts in and around the venue of Modi`s mega rally at the Gandhi Maidan shortly before his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state